Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Wizard World Comic Con, FOMA convention, Kidney Walk

Wow, so where did the month of February go? Days are just going by so quickly. NBA All-Star weekend was the 18th through the 20th, and I ended up on working entire Sunday (back-to-back shifts), thanks to a certain intern who quit a couple weeks prior, leaving me with the responsibility. Anyway, the dunk contest was awesome, the best in years. Congrats to Blake Griffin and Kobe Bryant, on the dunk contest title and All-Star game MVP, respectively.


Ultra Music Festival is about two weeks away, and I need to go back to LA to pick up my ticket, since it arrived today! On President’s Day, I bought a Camelbak in preparation for UMF. It should be good investment for me, since I’ll be saving so much money on water there. Can't believe the 3-day GA tickets are going for over $700. Should have known that was coming, and purchased multiple tickets.

FOMA convention was from February 24th through the weekend in Weston, though I only went for Thursday and Friday, since I had plans that weekend already for the Wizard World Comic Con. Did a little networking, met some people, and got some free stuff at FOMA convention. During the convention, I started coughing, with an irritated throat. Wasn’t really sore, but couldn’t stop coughing. By Saturday after, I started having rhinorrhea, congestion, sneezing. That really sucked because it was during Comic Con, although I didn’t really attend the convention portion on Saturday because I was on the gaming room side, playing Magic, trying to win a couple grand in cash prize. Unfortunately for me, I got a dose of reality after getting royally pwned by elite players. Next time, I need to drop while I’m already down and out, or basically eliminated from winning any prize money haha. Me and my stubborn self trying to improve my DCI rating.


On Sunday, I volunteered for the Wizard World Comic Con, which was quite awesome, despite being sick. Got to meet several celebrities, including Ray Park, Cerina Vincent, Adam West, Burt Ward, Ernie Hudson, Gina Lee Nolan, and WWE divas Angela Fong, Torrie Wilson. I also met a few new friends. At the end of the day, made out with some free swag, including free autographed prints from Ray Park, Torrie Wilson, and Gina Lee Nolan.


Kidney Walk was this past Sunday, and it was pretty cool, though I expected it to be a longer event, especially after being at a couple prior Relay For Life events in the past. It only lasted a couple hours, and I not only walked the entire 3 laps (3 miles/5k), but walked 4 laps. The funny thing was some people barely finished one lap. After that, I realized most people are not in shape, and I can probably walk faster than 99.9% of the population haha. Wish there was a speed-walking contest haha.


So flying out to LA tomorrow, and I got many tasks to finish. I'll leave you with these two articles.

I'm never using a shopping cart again: http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2011/03/07/study-fecal-bacteria-found-on-most-supermarket-shopping-carts/

Your cell phone has 18 times more bacteria than toilet handle: http://www.businessinsider.com/your-cell-phone-has-18x-more-bacteria-than-the-flush-handle-of-a-urinal-2010-10

No comments:

Post a Comment